Arjun Kapoor Opens Up About The Lack Of A Bond With Half Sisters Jhanvi & Khushi; The Hardships He Went Through When His Father Boney Was Cheating On His Mother
Dailybhaskar.com | May 22,2017 3:47 PM IST
Arjun Kapoor has often spoken bitter things about his bond with his half mother Sridevi. More recently while the actor was still promoting Half Girlfriend, a leading daily got him to talk about his bond with his half-sisters Jhanvi and Khushi Kapoor.
And this is what Arjun was quoted as saying, “We don't really meet and spend time together so it (the bond) doesn't really exist." The actor added that all along after his mother’s demise, it was his sister Anshula who stood by him. He said, "My sister, Anshula, has stood by me like a rock. She has gone through far worse. She's younger than me. I still had 11 years with my father living in the house. I had my mother living with me for 25 years but she only got 20. Imagine a child who has been through a life where the father couldn't be physically around all the time after the age of 5. And the mother who was there physically all the time and then after 20 years, she wasn't there. Imagine the psychological scarring of that child. She's still more mature, very well-educated, honest and more sincere than me."
Here's an old interview of Late Mona Kapoor who opened up about what all hardships her children and she had to suffer when her then husband Boney Kapoor was cheating on her and eventually left her to be with Sridevi.
See more slides of the story
- In a 2007 interview with DNA, Mona Kapoor had divulged some details about her splintered marriage with Boney Kapoor. Here are some excerpts, “I had an arranged marriage with Boney Kapoor. He was 10 years older to me. I was 19 when I married him. So I literally grew up with him. Ours was a 13-year-old marriage. So it came as a shock when I realised that my husband was in love with somebody else.”Read More.
- Mona added, “A second relationship was something that one had only read or heard about. But when it happened to me, at that very point my marriage was over. Respect, for me, is foremost. Love follows that. As we evolve, sometimes needs change. Boney too needed somebody else; not me. There was nothing left in the relationship to give it a chance because Sridevi was already with a child. Their rishta was kayam. That itself was a big statement for me to opt out.”Read More…
- She added, “It was also a tough time for my son Arjun and daughter Anshula, who were both in school. The world is a cruel place. When you are going through bad times, they speculate about you and discuss you in their living room. So, in school, my children had to face torment from their classmates. But they became strong and learnt to face facts. What held us together was the thread of pain.”Read More…
- Mona further divulged in the interview, “The humiliation was painful because I was pitted against a heroine. I was made to feel lesser. Industry wives gave me suggestions like, 'Why don't you lose weight?' or 'Why don't you join a spa?' All this made me realise that I had to get up, dust myself and start walking all over again.”Read More…
- And more, “My children live with me but are close to their father too. They travel with him, dine with him. I have no animosity or hatred for the man. It would be cruel if I kept the children away from him because I cannot substitute him. I don't know how to think like a man. I want him to be happy. After all, I gave up my place so that he could be happy.”(In pic: the final rites image of Mona Kapoor with estranged husband Boney Kapoor and children Arjun and Anshula)