Ditch That Sunscreen! Eat These Foods And Step Out In The Sun As Carefree As Never Before
Priyambada Dubey | May 19,2017 6:00 PM IST
Though a little bit of exposure to the sun wouldn’t hurt you much but too much of exposure may damage your skin and even cause skin cancer. While everyone keeps on telling us to dab some sunscreen on the face before stepping out in the sun, there are times that we miss this life saving product and end up coming home in the evening with a tanned and dried skin.
If you are not in the favour of using cosmetics on the skin or you feel that these products are way too overrated and over-expensive then well, we have a cheaper and easily available remedy for you. There are certain foods in your kitchen eating which can help you defend the sun’s harmful rays and protect you from all skin problems.
See more slides of the story
- Though raw almonds are the best, you can also try roasted and spiced almonds. You can also add almonds in your smoothies and oats.
- A research by skininc proved that when you use pomegranate with sunscreen for sun protection, it increases the SPF by 20.
- Green leafy vegetables also have specific antioxidants- lutein and zeaxanthin that protect the skin from the sun.
- 85% of the lycopene in our diet comes from tomatoes. This lycopene is a magical component when it comes to protection from sun damage.
- Turmeric is also included in many sun protection creams. But when you have access to it in your kitchen, why to go for the expensive creams?
- Bonus: It is a delicious summer snack. Add some fresh mint and lemon in it to make it tastier.
- Plus drinking green tea also slows down ageing of the skin.